Friday, July 16, 2010

The Love I Found and Lost



My friend once asked me; “At what age did you find your true love?” I answered; “Mine was, when I was 28 years old exactly ten days before my 29th birthday”. You can say that t’was the greatest gift or maybe just a coincidence. I have never imagined that it will just come my way without even looking for it. Sometimes, things just suddenly fell right in front of you before you knew it. In the beginning, the love I found seems like an endless heaven; angels flying around us, the music of love never ceased; exchanging of beautiful messages, giving each other a big warm hugs and kisses. As the day goes by; some things seems to change. No texts, no calls, simple gestures are no longer accepted. I offered a helping hand but it was totally rejected. I wished, prayed and planned for some things to make this relationship work. I swallowed my pride, humble myself, and always give in to whatever she likes. As I tried harder, it turns out to be more complicated. More things to argue, misunderstandings and miscommunications were the factors that greatly contributed for our relationship to fail. I asked her if she still feels the same way for me, nor she wants me to be with her, but she can’t answer me directly. Eventhough it hurts me much, I eventually called it quits for the both of us so that she won’t have to make excuses. I still love her but what else can I do if she’s already tired of loving me. We agreed that we will set aside everything about our past and I offered her my friendship that would surely last.

No comments:

Post a Comment