Sunday, July 25, 2010

Movie Review: The Last Airbender


I watched the Last Airbender earlier in the cinema. I’ve heard so many negative feedbacks about the movie but I still want to watch it to see for myself. For my own opinion, I really don’t like the totality of the movie coz I’m too disenchanted with the actors, storyline and how it is done. Here’s my 2 cents worth why I consider this movie a disappointment.



Aang – the kid who played the character of Aang is not conducive to the role. He looks more like a girl than a boy. The acting is so dry and not convincing at all.

Katara – the Katara I’ve known from the anime is a strong-willed woman. But the one in the movie is a weakling.

Sokka – I’ve known Sokka as a jolly and energetic brother of Katara. But the movie shows the opposite. Why so serious??? A little humor wouldn’t hurt you.

Prince Zuko – I know he played his part very well in Slumdog Millionaire, but this movie didn’t bring out the best in him. I just hope that he’ll play the part with a heart next time. If there’ll be a next time.

General Hiro – this uncle of Prince Zoku is a cheerful man but the movie shows another serious man. He doesn’t even look like General Hiro who is chubby and a big belly man.

The man who portrayed the character of a villain general is lousy!!! I’ve seen him from various comedy movies but why doing such a movie which is not his forte? Is it because of M. Night Shyamalan?

M. Night – I really don’t like the director of this movie. He was admired as a director for horror movies but why a sudden change of genre? Is he stepping out of the box? Just trying different things outside his comfort zone? Well unfortunately, it didn’t work out.

I don’t want to cite just the unconstructive part of the movie. There are some good points as well; like the cinematography and element bending effects. Those were the only things I appreciated and other than that, I don’t have anything else in mind.

My Personal Movie Rating (10 being the highest and 0 the lowest): 4 points

No comments:

Post a Comment