Friday, July 23, 2010

Let's Eat In Banchetto!!!

We had so much fun in the office today. Two of our colleagues at work brought some food to celebrate their birthdays. Actually, this is a post-birthday celebration. Julie brought some fried lumpia (fried spring rolls) and Chadi brought some Pancit Lucban, others call it pancit luglog. T’was just a simple celebration together with friends in the office but it was indeed fun.


(Thanks to Martin for uploading this picture.)

After the celebration, maybe after an hour or two, I went to Starbucks Podium to meet up my sister who stayed there for almost 3 hours (good thing she brought the laptop with her) and then we went directly to bachetto to meet my QA friends from Araneta site to have a lunch. I didn’t buy anything for myself coz I’m already full so I just bought a blueberry cheesecake for my sister. After banchetto, my sister decided to go home so I send her off to the taxi terminal.



Anyway, for those who don’t have any idea what banchetto is, it is a food market which opens only every Friday night here in Ortigas. It is situated in Emerald Street infront of PLDT and Estrata building. The market starts at 10PM and ends at 2PM (I think?) the next day. If is frequently visited by many people all over the place. Some came from as far as Makati and Quezon City. Most of them want to buy food, others just want to get together with friends and some just want to look around for something good (you know what I mean. LOL!). From the day banchetto started, it became a part of the weekly routine of all Ortigas people. Their weekend is not complete without having some fun and savoring the foods of banchetto.



No comments:

Post a Comment