Monday, September 27, 2010

To My Beloved Uncle




I don’t have anything in mind yet… but I know that by and by… an idea will just pop out and I can create another story for my blog site. I’m fond of blogging whenever I have a free time. It helps me know and express myself and let my brain practice for awhile as well. I’m not really good in technical writing but at least I’m trying… I know it’s hard but I don’t wanna give up. I know that a time will come that I’ll be good in doing this craft.

(After a few minutes)

I went to the CR inside the clinic to take a leak, and after, I had a little chat with the office nurse (Ate Lina). She told me that her co-nurse’s uncle passed away due to a lung cancer. T’was really a sad story, and suddenly, I remember my uncle who also passed away due to a colon cancer. His death anniversary was just last month, August.

Seeing them suffer because of the pain brought by this sickness is really, really hard to bare. I’ve seen my uncle (younger brother of my mom, +Uncle Doy) living like this before. He can barely breathe, peeing blood instead of urine, a very, very hard cough and a swollen body. I was crying everytime I see him like that… I prayed and asked GOD to take away all the pains he had. It also came to a point that I questioned GOD, “Why him? He’s been good and followed everything YOU asked him to do. He did lotsa good things for his family, brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces and even to his friends.” I know that it’s not right to question GOD’s capabilities and I knew from the start, that this is a part of HIS big plan for my uncle. Everything happened for a reason and GOD only gives GOOD reasons.

Everyone in the family seems to be devastated at that moment because of a great loss of a good father, husband, brother, uncle, cousin, nephew and a friend. My Uncle Doy is one of the best! He was the one who helped everyone in the family to work abroad… because of his help, my dad was able to work in Brunei for several years (a decade maybe?) and I was able to live an abundant and happy life. I can’t thank him enough for what he did to our family. His goodness and memories will be treasured forever. We love and miss you, Uncle Doy!

As of now, his 3 kids are still going to school. I made a promise to myself that whenever they need help, I will be there for them, no matter what!


Thank you Uncle Doy! Thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment